- Known as the Treaty Investors Visa.
- Classified as a nonimmigrant visa.
- Permits citizens of a treaty (of commerce and navigation) country to be admitted to the US when investing a substantial amount of capital in a US business, including a start-up enterprise.
- Visa applicant may be the investor himself or an employee of the investor, and must be responsible for developing and directing the investment enterprise.
- Visa applicant must have at least 50% ownership of the US enterprise (if he is the investor), or must have explicit operational control of the enterprise (if he is an employee of the investor).
- A given E-2 visa holder’s US stay privilege is not permanent, but is open-ended. It may be extended every two years. There is no maximum limit to the number of extensions.
Your Next Step:
Call or email us, or hit the button to book a call appointment.
Phone: +1 (888) 390-5507